Thursday, July 12, 2012

June Favorites 2012

So June came and went and so goes another month. Here are the products that I had been using the most for the month.
Nail Life Nail Revitalizer Treatment Formaldehyde Free 1fl. oz. This product is great and has been a lifesaver for my nails. This treatment is for problem nails which are weak, split, cracked, thin, soft or peeling. Which believe it or not mine were. I have tried everything I could to stop this from products to vitamins nothing worked. Till I tried this. It has been a miracle for my nails and is my new HG product. I purchased this at Sally's Beauty it was $7.99 well worth it for a bottle so big. I have been using it daily and followed the instructions on the back the first week for the 7 day program. Well my nails have stayed healthy and strong without splitting or peeling which was a big deal with my nails they peeled and nothing would work to stop it. Well I can say this has. There is also an Original version which contains formaldehyde which reviewed better than the version I own. I'm allergic to formaldehyde so I can't use it so this formula still works well for me. If  you have problem nails its worth a shot to try out.
A moisturizer I have been loving and repurchased as a full-sized after trying a sample from My Glam Bag was from Philosophy Take a deep breath. This is a great moisturizer for the summer if you have oily skin. It is a lightweight gel formula and is oil-free. It lets your skin breathe and also has a light fresh scent and feels cooling to the touch. It also absorbs quickly and will not sweat off like some other moisturizers when it gets to hot. It also helps my foundation glide on more smoothly and it still keeps my skin well hydrated without making it look or feel any oilier. Like I said, I had loved the sample so much when I finished it I went out and bought it. It retails for $34 and can be purchased at Macy's, Sephora or Ulta.
Estee Lauder Matte Perfecting primer. I got this as a sample in a kit I purchased and I really like this primer and the way it feels and keeps my foundation and face feeling all day. This stuff really works and I have tried many primers through the years to keep my oily skin in check. Well this works so well that when I run out I will buy the full-sized in this which is $35.
I have tried lots of facial cleansing cloths and so far I keep coming back to these ones. They are the Up & Up from Target and don't cost that much more than some of the brands. I know that these wipes can be sold for over $7.99 depending on the brand. Well there isn't much to say except that they do the job they take off all my makeup. Plus they keep their moisture and have a slight texture to them in a good way. The size of them are also great they are not to big nor too small. I would highly recommend these. A pack of 30 are $3.79 which isn't bad at all.
As for face washes I have lots to try and this was the latest one I tried for over a month and it has been working really well and helps control my oil during this hot summer. It is from Origins The Checks and Balances Frothy Face wash for combination skin. I really love the creamy texture and the peppermint scent it's refreshing and nice. I also love the way my face feels after washing with it. It really does a great job of cleansing my face. So I give this a thumbs up. I really like it and will keep this on hand for the hot and humid summers. Full-sized is $19.50 for a 5  fl.oz. I have the 1.7 fl.oz. which is $11.00 and can be purchased at any Origins counter or store.

*Still having a problem with the pictures not cropping. I just don't know what's wrong. *

1 comment:

  1. thanks for checking out my blog! nice one here! Maybe we can follow each other? pls do let me know once you followed me so I can follow you back.

    ReplyDelete