Friday, July 13, 2012

July Birchbox 2012 with Glamour Magazine

I was thrilled and excited to find out last month that Birchbox had teamed up with Glamour Magazine to do a box. It was titled the 5 senses which were smell it, touch it, taste it, hear it, and see it. So of course I couldn't wait to see what was inside my box. Well I didn't have to wait any longer because it came earlier than expected and for that I was grateful.
Now as for what was in my box I was not to jazzed about this month. I do think that this was way better than the Gossip Girl box that was given out in May. All though I still was not as happy to get what I got. I really was hoping for the Eyeko eyeliner (I had heard great things about it) and some of the other items that they had previewed in their video. I normally get most of the items they feature.
Alterna Bamboo UV+ Color Protection Fade-Proof Fluide. This finishing gloss prevents UV rays from fading color while organic bamboo extracts keep hair strong and soft. Sample Value $2.40
Dr. Jart + Water fuse BB Cream. This lightweight moisturizer, serum, sunscreen, and skin-perfecting tint is the a must have for this summer in your beauty lineup. Sample Value $6.40
Here is what the color looks like and the after effect with coverage.

Stila Lip Glaze in Tropica Punch. This tropical shade from the Tiki Lip Glaze Trio combines sheer color with mega-watt shine. While this is okay and you would think I would be grateful well I don't care for this color. PS I also have like 6 of these lip shines and never once used them. So I really didn't need another. Well how would they have known right. Sample Value $4
Suki Nourishing Kit set of 5 products. With a fresh botanical scent, this all-in-one set uses natural ingredients to hydrate and brighten skin. While doing a little research on this I came to find out that this 5 PC foil sample set is sold at on the Dermstore's website. So they are selling the exact same set except with 7 samples instead of 5. The sample set consists of the same sized foil packets for $17.95. Which is crazy in my opinion. The Birchbox set for $50 are larger samples in actual bottles. They are still pricey though. Sample Value $2.56 each packet total for set $12.83.
Lifestyle Extras were from Lara Bar the Uber bar. The latest addition to their snack drawer, these healthy and satisfying bars are packed with dried fruits and nuts. Sample Value $1.75
The Birchbox exclusive was Ear buds designed for us in cute neon colors. I'm really happy to get these I can always use a spare pair for my purse while on the go. Sample Value $5

So that was my box all 5 senses. Touch It was the Alterna Bamboo UV+ Spray. See It was the Dr, Jart + BB Cream and the Stila Lip Glaze. Smell It was the Suki Nourishing Kit. Taste It was the Lara bar and of course Hear It was the Ear buds. So overall all it was an alright box. At least I didn't get a perfume sample like so many others did for Smell It. This box was valued at $32.38

If you are interested in joining Birchbox please click this link  https://www.birchbox.com?raf=4h5l0











No comments:

Post a Comment