Thursday, September 20, 2012

CoverGirl and Olay BzzAgent Campaign




 
 I was so excited to have been chosen by BzzAgent to try the new CoverGirl & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation & their CoverGirl & Olay Pressed Powder. This 2-in-1 product is a foundation with a serum and primer base all swirled into one convenient product. It is no ordinary make-up as it smoothes the appearance of rough surfaces and gives your skin a radiant finish. The Tone Rehab Foundation also contains known skin conditioning ingredients to help hydrate your skin and help improve the skin tone over time.

All that's needed is just one pump for your whole face to reduce the signs and instantly cover discolorations and age spots while one bottle hydrates to improve skin tone over time. And finishing your look with a soft layer of CoverGirl & Olay Pressed Powder to help brighten your skin tone.

This Foundation comes in 14 beautiful shades that will cover many skin tones from light to deep, with a balance of cool, neutral and warm undertones. It comes in the following shades:
  • Ivory
  • Classic Ivory
  • Creamy Natural
  • Buff Beige
  • Nude Beige
  • Medium Beige
  • Natural Beige
  • Warm Beige
  • Creamy Beige
  • Soft Honey
  • Golden Tan
  • Classic Tan
  • Tawny
  • Soft Sable
This Foundation is available at all major retailers, with a suggested retail price of $13.99. CoverGirl & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation, contains Olay serum, hydrates to skin to help improve it over time. Olay skin care ingredients, including Glycerine, Niacinamide and N-acetyl Glucosamine, effectually penetrate the skin's outer surface layers to moisturize skin for improved skin tone over time.

The CoverGirl & Olay Pressed Powder is made with gold pearls, yellow iron oxide, and silk mica. These work together to help provide natural looking skin while giving an energized appearance and healthy radiance. This powder helps brighten skin tone while softening the look of imperfections. The formula has a built-in smooth-glide serum, which provides a touch of brightness without feeling heavy or cakey.

This powder comes in 6 complimentary shades:
  • Fair - pair with Ivory or Classic Ivory foundation
  • Fair/Light - pair with Creamy Natural or Buff Beige foundation
  • Light - pair with Nude Beige or Natural Beige foundation
  • Light/Medium - pair with Medium Beige, Warm Beige or Creamy Beige foundation
  • Medium - pair with Soft Honey or Golden Tan foundation
  • Medium/Dark - pair with Classic Tan foundation

What did I think about this?

  For starters I love how great this foundation made my face look & feel. While I had seen this in print ads and on TV I had never even thought to try this. I personally haven't used Covergirl face products (foundation or powder) since I was in high school. I'm so glad I was given the chance to. I was amazed at how well it covered my red & hyperpigmentated skin. Also the smell was fantastic. I'm so sensitive & allergic to so many scents in my cosmetics that I can't use many of them.

The application of this product was easy I tried it with my fingers and it gave a good coverage if your in a hurry. My prefered method was using a foundation brush. Most any one will do it will assure that the coverage is even and flawless.

 I also loved the pressed powder it was great & a must have for me since I have very oily skin. The only con was that I had to powder several times during the day to keep the shine at bay. I feel that this will be better for me in the winter months when I tend to get a bit dryer. I did like how it covered my fine lines and discoloration with ease. I do think that this will be great year round for people with normal to dry skin. If you are oily it may be better for you to use in the winter time. Unless you don't mind blotting several times a day. Also the choice of colors available was great. The color I got was in 125 Buff Beige and 320 Fair/Light in the powder. In skin tone I'm a fair/light complexion. So this was a great match for me. At first I thought it would be either too dark or too light just by seeing it in the bottle. Actually it was just right. I would have thought I was a Classic Ivory, but as it turns out I'm not.

Overall this is a great product and I did see some improvement in my skin tone. I have been using this for a month now. I feel that this was sufficient enough time to give a review and base an opinion on this product. I have seen a slight difference in my fine forehead lines. Only time will tell if these will diminish further.

Here is a Before and After photo. The after is using the CoverGirl & Olay Foundation & Pressed Powder. The after photo is just the foundation and powder. No other make-up is used. Just those two products.
 
This was what came in my BzzKit. It contained 1) The CoverGirl & Olay BzzGuide 2) One full-sized CoverGirl & Olay Tone Rehab 2-in-1 Foundation 3) Complimentary CoverGirl & Olay Pressed Powder 4) Coupons to share with the ladies in my life

 NOTE: The above mentioned product was provided free of charge by www.bzzagent.com . All opinions in this review are my own and do not reflect the views of Bzzagent, their employees or affiliates nor of any brand mentioned therein. I received no monetary compensation for my participation in this campaign.



No comments:

Post a Comment