Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Spring Has Sprung Nail Design

Well with winter behind us. It now time for spring which begun March the 20th. I was trying to get used to time change earlier in the month. Which still has been a struggle. I was wanting to do a spring time nail design. So I was trying to decide on what to do. I was thinking flowers like many people do. Then I was thinking what kinds of flowers. I have always loved sunflowers and daisies. To me they are classic and delicate. So I chose on doing a daisy as my flower.

I also decided to incorporate a type of bug for my design. I tried ladybugs, dragonflies, butterflies and bees. I decided on doing a bee. I think a bee was going to be perfect. I could also do the dot/dash type lines that are associated with bee drawings. Well at least cartoon ones. I decided to place the bee on my thumb and the dash lines on the middle and pinkie fingers. The ring and pointer finger would have the daisies painted on them. 
So I started with my usual base coat.  Then I applied two coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Jade Jump.
Then using the yellow acrylic paint and a dotting tool.  I made two dots on both my pointer and ring finger on both hands.  Then using the white acrylic paint and a small brush I made the daisies petals. 
After that I then used the black acrylic paint and the dotting tool to paint the dots on my middle and pinkie fingers.  I did this on only one of my hands.  You could do them on both if you want to.
Then I used a dotting tool to make a yellow oval on my thumb nail using the yellow acrylic paint.  Then I applied two black stripes using the black paint.  I also did a V shape to create the stinger.  Behind the stinger I made 3 dots with the dotting tool.  Using a small paint brush I painted the wings. Then using the dotting tool I placed white paint in the wing area. When this dried I put a quick dry top coat to seal in all the nails. Also be careful when using a quick dry top coat as I did because it did smear some of my dot designs. I even let my paint dry 30 minutes.
This is a fairly simple and quick way to do cute spring nails.  I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.

1 comment:

  1. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing...
    דירה דיסקרטית במרכז

    ReplyDelete