Friday, August 31, 2012
Thursday, August 30, 2012
It's time once again for my monthly favorites. Which wasn't hard for me to choose at all. Why? Well because all the items are from Urban Decay. So lets begin shall we?
- Urban Decay/Build your own Palette-$18- This palette has space for 6 pans of your favorite Urban Decay shadows. Inside, Urban Decay has included a generously sized mirror, a travel-size Good Karma shadow brush, and Walk of Shame, a pinkie-peach matte shadow available exclusively in this palette. In my palette I have Walk of Shame, Free Love, Lost, Mildew, Roach and Secret Service. Of course all the other shadows are not included so you will have to shell out some dough for those. Each shadow is $18 in the new packaging and formulation.
- Urban Decay/Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup-1oz-$38- This is a weightless and virtually invisible liquid foundation that creates a luminous, demi-matte finish on the skin. This has build able coverage which allows you to customize your look. Available in 18 shades. The finish is matte, never flat, and luminous, but not shiny. A little goes a long way with this foundation I only need a half a pump for my whole face (light coverage) and one pump for full coverage. In Mac I'm a NW20 so the color I was matched to was 3.5 which is a light shade- Beige with slight pink undertones. So far I have been happy with this foundation. I will try it a little longer then conduct a full review.
- Urban Decay/Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush-$24- This brush was made to use with the Naked Skin Foundation, this brush picks up and distributes all formulations from liquid to cream to powder makeup better than a sponge. The “optical blurring” comes in when you buff out your makeup: instead of a streaky finish from using your fingers or a sponge, buffing helps out the light-diffusing particles in Naked Skin and seemingly fine lines disappear. It's blending ability makes it ideal for mature skin, as it creates a smooth, youthful-looking appearance. The medium sized brush is packed with dense hairs & it has a domed top that works well around the face, making it suitable for under the eye, around the nose, and around the brow area. I really love this brush a lot and it was a great investment. It works super with the UD foundation and with others as well. The brush is made of recycled aluminum, and has synthetic, cruelty-free brush hairs.Which are a plus in my book because they are super soft and don't scratch.
- Urban Decay/24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencil in Paranoid-$19- This pencil is great. I have never tried their lip pencils before. I have tried and loved their eye pencils. So this was a first for me and boy it was a nice and creamy formulation without creating any feathering and stayed on for quite a long time. Paranoid is a deep pinkie nude which I was surprised it worked with me. I have kinda medium to darkish pink lips so when this color was recommend to me I was like whoa it's way to dark, but it really wasn't. I love to wear nude lip colors all the time and very rarely stray from those colors. So this liner keeps my lipstick from feathering it's not dry or flaky and holds it in place at least 4-6 hours. Which I find that amazing. On lazy days I will just only use this liner as my lip color and it still looks great on me. If you haven't tried any of their lip liners I would advise you to. You won't be disappointed.
- Urban Decay/Super Curl Curling Mascara-$12- This is a sculpting, curling and long-wearing mascara. In addition to holding curl all day, this mascara boasts incredible conditioning ingredients in its formula. Packed with glycoprotein for lash thickening, Moringa seeds to help with curl definition, and Meadowfoam seed oil and Shea Butter for moisturizing and smoothing, lashes get an extra nourishing boost with just one swipe. I have very long pin straight lashes my lashes naturally face down. So no curl what so ever. I really have a hard time finding any mascara to hold a curl let alone make my lashes look nice. So usually I don't wear mascara for that reason. Whenever I get a makeover done I'm always complemented on my pretty long lashes. Then they proceed to apply a mascara formula that they hope will work. Well for the first few moments it does then poof! They go flat and back to straight. Even using a lash curler won't work. I've even tried heated ones and nope no dice. So when the MA at UD suggested this one I was like go ahead try it because nothing works. Well guess what to my amazement it did work and now this is my only go to mascara. So if you have lashes like mine and have tried almost everything to have them hold a curl even for a few hours then you must try this. I have the sample size of this mascara which was given to me from UD so I didn't have to buy a full-sized just yet. The full-sized is $20. I know you can get one of these sample ones on EBay for cheap just to try out and make sure you will like it. PS this mascara also doesn't flake, run or clump on me.
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
- Blum Naturals/Make-up Remover Towelettes- Remove oil, dirt and makeup with these pro age deep cleaning towelettes that leave your skin feeling soft and silky smooth.
- H2O Plus/Marine Calm Restoring Eye Cream- Use this marine, botanical-infused eye cream to deeply nourish and reduce the look of fine lines and dark circles.
- Ferro Cosmetics/Sheer Crystal Veil- This multi-purpose powder is the answer to illuminated skin. Dust over or under foundation or mix with moisturizer for a dewy soft finish without the shimmer or glitter. This is a silk infused mineral highlighter that subtly illuminates for glowing dewy skin. Sweep onto cheek & brow bones to highlight and illuminate or anywhere on the body.
- Ellis Faas/Creamy, Milky, Glazed Lips- Just twist the bottom of this gorgeous silver pen and you'll be wearing the new lip product that everyone is talking about. This was a nice perk since it was a full-sized and retailed $35. I got the color L109 in the creamy version which is the color Pale Coffee. A liquid lipstick for classic definition and long-wearing coverage.The gorgeous texture of this highly pigmented lipstick gives great definition to your lips, both as a full-coverage lipstick as well as a stain. All shades are that of human colors, meaning that they are inspired by the colors that by nature already exist in the human body and are therefore suitable for all skin tones. Doesn't contain Parabens and is unscented and unflavored. This particular lip pen comes in three formulas Creamy, Milky and Glazed. The creamy lip has a doe-foot type applicator that when you twist the bottom the product comes out through the tiny holes at the top of the pen. The other two formulas come in a brush style pen. It applies soft and creamy. Very nice and looks pretty in your makeup bag.
- Dermaesthetics USA/Vitamin C 20 Serum- Helps prevent the premature signs of aging with this double-duty Vitamin C that promotes collagen production and brightens lackluster skin. Well I will see if this works any I need brightening of my skin. If this does then I'm in trouble a 1oz costs $144 wow so pricey.
- Phyto/Phytonectar Treatment Oil- This is an ultra nourishing oil treatment for the hair containing 98% botanical ingredients. You apply this from roots to ends, massage to facilitate penetration. Leave on for minimum of 15 minutes. Then you rinse then shampoo. This should be used once to twice a week, for 5 consecutive weeks.
- Deborah Lippmann/Nail Lacquer- This was a full-sized polish in Private Dancer. Which ironically is my favorite Tina Turner song next to We don't need another Hero (Thunderdome). Any who this is a beautiful purple mirrored chrome finish which looks like many different colors depending on the nails angle and the lighting. I really like it and was worth the box.
- Jane Iredale/Longest Lash Mascara- This came in the color Black Ice it is a thickening and lengthening mascara. I can't say much about this because I haven't used it yet. I have so many mascaras as of late and haven't even gotten to them all. Plus, I haven't had great luck with her products. I was sent a lipstick sample from her not to long ago in another box. Well I hated it for starters the smell was overwhelming so I never tried it.
- Elemental Herbology Skin Care/Facial Detox Purifying Facial Mask- I have never heard of this brand before and yet another mask. I have sent so many in recent months. I just haven't been able to try them all. So I think I'm set for life. This mask is made in England and what you do is apply to clean dry skin leave on for 10 minutes then remove it with a warm face cloth. Splash cool water and pat dry. They also say to use this tri-weekly for oily skin or otherwise use weekly. For combo skin to only use on congested areas. So we will see how this mask works.
- Arcona/Cranberry Toner- This 3 in 1 cranberry milk toner cleanses, tones and hydrates, infusing skin with protective antioxidants to leave it glowing and refreshed. Removes dirt, oil and make-up. Protect and clarify skin with antimicrobial cranberry, containing vitamins, phyto nutrients and essential fatty acids. Neutralize free radicals with vitamin E tocopherols and tocotrienols. Nourish and restore skin with omegas 3, 6 and 9 and rice milk. A lot to say for such a little bottle of toner.
- Malin+Goetz/Vitamin E Face Moisturizer- Wow this is a super small special bonus. A sachet with a sample of this moisturizer. Which should be called a foil pack. This is for all skin types with fatty acid absorption technology. This residue-free moisturizer is scientifically synthesized with soothing vitamins E and B5 to gently and effectively hydrate and balance all skin types. Absorbent fatty acids and fatty alcohols, unlike traditionally greasy, pore-clogging oils, are blended for an intensely nourishing treatment to reduce epidermal irritation. Natural fragrance and color. Easily integrated into daily maintenance and prevention regimen. Another wow all this on the back of one tiny packet. This also claims it's concentrated and to use a small amount avoiding eyes, oily areas, and over-moisturizing. Increase application for dryer areas. I have oily skin so I guess I should avoid using this at all.
- Caldera/Handsoap- A delicious smelling soap loaded with aloe vera and olive oil to soften and moisturize hands. I'm not sure how I feel about these small samples of this soap. I would have perfered a small bottle of some sort just saying.
- Juicy Couture/Viva la Juicy La Fleur- A modern scent that is a feminine blend of wild berries, mandarin, and waterlily. I was unfortunally unable to try this since the bottle came broken. I'm going to be sent a replacement soon.
- DDF/Brightening Cleanser- This foaming gel uses an all-star team of skin brighteners to fade discoloration and even out skin tone. I have been trying this and like it except it really dries my super oily skin especially around my nose, mouth and chin area. No bueno if it dries my skin. I haven't seen any brightening so far nor evening out of my skin tone which I so greatly need. I'm only using it once a day at night.
- Pixi Beauty/Beauty Blush- This cheek-sculpting blush softens skin with rosehip and honeysuckle flower extracts. Now this I was happy to get in my box. I did get rosey color which I thought was not pretty until I put it on. Then I really liked it a lot. This brand is sold at Target that is how I'm familiar with this brand. This is my first product from them and I love it.
- Schick/ Hydro Silk Razor- This was a part of something new from Birchbox it's called Birchbox Finds. This is when they keep an eye out for affordable finds that will improve your day to day. This razor has a water-activated serum that moistruizes the skin while you shave and the innovative oval-shaped design hugs tricky areas like the knees and ankles.
- Eclos/Cellular Activator Facial Serum and Moisture Therapy Regenerative Cream- These products use Plant Stem Cell research in this lightweight liquid serum. Which awakens dormant skin stem cells and increases their longevity and enhances their ability to function like young cells. The Face cream contains high potency plant cells to help protect your own skin stem cells. It also helps slow the signs of aging and tighten sagging skin.
- Salty Cosmetics/Glama-ZOID-Eye Shadow- This white looking powder eye shadow is hiding a secret it's really has a pinky-purple based tint upon applying to your eyes. It is very iridescent in color and makes a great inner-corner highlight or brow bone accent.
- Circus by Andrea's Choice/Ringmaster Nail color-This beautiful shocking hot pink is a great color to add to the one from last month. I got the color Reverso in my last bag it was a great true white color.
- Demeter Fragrance Library/Roll on Perfume Oil/Dragon Fruit Scent- This very sweet scent was really nice had I not been allergic to the smell. Otherwise it would have been great. I ended up giving mine away. It did also come in a Clean Skin Scent as well. I was told that one smelt like baby powder which I wouldn't have liked either.
- My Glam Glam Gloss/Shade 02- This gloss was an extra added bonus that was not featured in the hints for the month. It was a welcome surprise to have. This was sent as a thank you for our support and for being a Glammie. This gloss was a hot pink opalescent color which just from viewing it in the tube would have not worked with my skin tone. So I ended up trading it for the color 01 which was a bubble gum pink color and that worked a lot better.
Whoo! as we all say another month as come and gone. I'm still trying to get these out in a timely manner but, no matter how hard I try something always comes up. So I guess it doesn't matter when the favorites come out. What counts is that they do. So without further adu here are my July faves.
1. Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup Foundation- 220 Nude. (0.8 Fl. oz.) Now the reason this foundation is my favorite is because of the staying power. This foundation holds up very well to the hot Texas heat and humidity. I was at first skeptical on using this because I had such a bad experience with the original one. For starters the original Colorstay was terrible smelling almost like a chemical floral smell. Also the coverage was awful it was just too thick no matter how I applied it or sheered it out. So when this one came out I thought great I wonder how this will compare. Well I'm happy to share that this stuff is awesome and holds up well. It is a great summer foundation for oily skin gals like me. The longest I've worn it was 18 hours and it held up all that time. Through sweating and searing heat and humidity also I didn't even use a finishing powder with it. Which was great and also no touch ups needed. I also did have a hard time finding the best way to apply this foundation. I tried so many brushes so personally for me fingers work the best and also the next item to make my favorites worked the best. So the only cons are that the price is a little more than the original one and also that you don't get as much product as well. I do like the look of the glass jar but, being that I have carpal tunnel it is quite heavy for me. Other than that I'm so happy to be able to use a Colorstay product. As for smell it does have a faint smell but, nothing my sensitive nose can't stand. So this product is definitely a keeper. I will have to see how this holds up to winter weather. I got this at Target and paid $8.99 with a $3.00 off coupon. It sells for $11.99 at my local Target and Walmart also sells it for $10.99. Walgreen and CVS also sells this but, the prices were significantly higher.
2. Sephora Classic Mineral Powder Brush #45 $26 - Well I got this brush as I have all my other foundation ones to see if this one really worked like people claimed. Well for starters it's a great liquid foundation brush. I know it says it's for powder but, of all the reviews on Sephora website many are using it for liquid instead of powder. So I decided to give this a whirl. This works great for many of my liquid foundations. This brush for me worked the best with the Revlon Colorstay Whipped foundation. It left my skin looking and feeling great. A quick alternative to using your fingers if you don't want to have to take the time to get all the product off if your in a hurry. This brush is made with synthetic fibers which are also micro microbial and won't irritate your skin. This brush is a keeper. Just beware that when you deep clean it. It will take a while to dry like two or more days so make a note of that.
3. Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Base Coat $8 - This is a great base coat for my nails which sometimes get dry and peel. This base coats also fills those areas so that your nails are as smooth as possible. Which is great because I can't really wear those metallic polishes all too well. When your nails are either pitting or peeling those metallic polishes don't look good on and make a manicure look terrible. So if you suffer like me with this problem then this base coat is worth trying.
4. Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle 001 $6.49- I love this color it is a pretty wine color and I love the formula of the lip butters they are so moisturizing and non drying my lips. So far I haven't had any problems with any of the colors. I own like 7 of these.
5. Philosophy Purity Made Simple Facial Cleansing Gel & Eye Makeup Remover $20-7.5oz
I know that the original Purity Made Simple cleanser is pretty popular, but this new version is way, way better.You can use a bit, lather it up, and use it to remove your eye makeup, followed by putting some on your Clarisonic and finish cleansing your face. Your face will be super clean and feel soft. My face has an oily zone on my cheeks, my nose, and my chin. This cleanser works wonderfully and I love how clean it feels. It won't strip your skin. I like that it suds up more than the original Purity and overall, this gel formula is more effective than the original. I hope this product is always available, as it is superb and a fantastic improvement on the original.
If you have any questions or requests please leave them below. I'm also on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and of course Facebook.
Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Thursday, August 9, 2012
So Inside my bag were the following items. From Blinc a tiny sample sized mascara. Which is okay seeing that this is my 3 one. I received an almost full-sized sample from Birchbox and one from my Total Beauty box. Both which I haven't even tried yet. If its anything like the liner I will pass. Sample Value $4.75
Eyelashes from Hollyren these are nice if I wore lashes. I still have the pair MyGlam gave us and I still haven't tried them yet. I know I said I would. I really don't go anywhere special so oh well. Sample Value $7.00
From Spongables a Pedi-Scrub Foot Buffer now this I have tried in the past and loved it. It does do the job and keeps my feet looking nice and smooth. One side exfoliates and the other cleanses and moisturizes. Sample Value $2.99
The last item was from Bodyography a Makeup Primer. I have never heard of this company so I'm guessing that they are new. This primer claims to erase the look of fine lines, prolong the wear of your favorite foundation and help prevent collagen breakdown. This primer is anti-aging and oil-free as well. Sample Value is $15.00
So the only great things about this box was the primer because of the great value. It is half of a full-sized tube which is valued at $30. So that is a plus and if it claims half of what it does then that's great. The only other item I liked and did need another was the foot buffer sponge. So I guess the box paid for itself with the primer and my sponge. I will give them another month to see what pans out. I have given them several chances and then the next month will Wow me. So then I stay. We will see. This box was valued at $29.74
If your interested in trying Beauty Box 5 please check out this link. https://www.beautybox5.com/home.php?key=4f3f58d0b6240